The File Manager is your website's storage to upload images and other documents you want to use throughout your website. The File Manager can be access through the Dashboard section of the website.
When first entering the new file manager you'll be offered a wizard instructing you how to use the file manager. We'll step through the wizard.
1.You'll be given the opportunity to walk through the tutorial by clicking the "Show Me How It Works" button. If you want to pass on the tutorial, click the "No Thanks, I'll figure it out." button.
2. Clicking on the blue gear icon, you'll be given choices on adding or deleting folders. When adding subfolders you can continually nest them until you have the structure you want.
3. Clicking the "Upload File" button will bring to a new screen which has a big dotted area.
4. Here you'll see the breadcrumbs to keep track of your location in the directory structure.
5. Clicking the "Add Files" button will take you to the upload screen.
6. In the big dotted area, you can place many types of files and many files at the same time for upload.
7. Clicking the "View Files" button will bring you back to your file list.
8. You'll see the uploaded files displayed in a list.
9. When checking the checkbox corresponding to the file you'll be able to perform certain actions, such as Move or Delete.
10. Entering in keywords in the search will bring up files containing your entered keywords.
11. Clicking on the row for your significant file will pop a dialog with the file details.
12. Here is the listing of details for a given file. Click on the "Edit" button will take you to a page where you can manipulate your image.
13. A photo editor pops up giving you all kinds of opportunities to change your image. Click Here to learn more about our built in Photo Editor.
14. Clicking on the "View Trash" button will take you to all of the items in the trash.
Note: If you have any of the checkboxes checked, you can select an action of Restore or Delete Forever. Once the action is selected you'll either have the file entirely deleted or restored and able to be used again.
How do I tell if my file is done uploading?
Once the green progress bar has disappeared, your file has been successfully uploaded into the File Manager.
Is there a limit to the file size I can upload?
Files no larger than 100MB can be uploaded into the File Manager.
Why did my file fail to upload?
If an image has failed to upload, a few different things may be happening:
- If your internet connection is loss while the image is still being uploaded, the upload process will fail.
- If the file name includes any special characters ( *, $, ( ), %, &, @ ) the image will fail to upload. Dashes ( - and _ ) are OK to use in the file name.