When first seeing the workout of the day screen, the screen will read "You haven't created any workouts yet.". The important portion of the screen is the plus sign. Clicking on the plus sign will direct you to the "Create Workout" page.
On the left column are the fields which can be dragged in the dotted square box. A member can customize the form to any specification desired. Above the dotted square box are:
- Name: gives a name to the workout.
- Description: Describes the workout in detail and possibly lists any goals associated with the workout.
- Picture: Upload a picture to associate with the workout. eg. picture of someone doing pullups if this is a pullup workout.
Each input has a set of properties associated to it and the properties will be listed on the right column for the selected field in the dotted square box. When filling out a name it gives a name to the text box. Here is a list of properties for each input.
- Header: Text input
- Text: Label, Placeholder, Hide Label, Required
- Text Area: Label, Placeholder, Hide Label, Required
- Number: Label, Placeholder, Hide Label, Required
- Drop Down: Label, Placeholder, List, Required
- Divider: None
- Link: Label, Url
- Details: Text input
- Image: URL, Width, Height
- Video: You Tube Url, Update Button
Definitions for Properties
- Text input/textarea: An area where you can fill out description's. An example of this is with the Header control.
- Label textinput: Type in the text input what you would like the label to be. If you filled placeholder text you may not need label text.
- Placeholder textinput: Type in the text input what you would like the placeholder to be. If you filled out label text you may not need placeholder text.
- Hide label checkbox: Click "Yes" if you want to hide the label. You'll probably do this if you have placeholder text.
- Required checkbox: Click "Yes" if you want field to be required.
- Url textinput: This is specific to the link and image controls. Simply paste the URL link in the text field.
- Width textinput: This is specific to the image control. You can set the width of the image in the text input.
- Height textinput: This is specific to the image control. You can set the height of the image in the text input.
- YouTube Url input: Simply paste the YouTube URL link in the text field.
After saving a workout, click the dashboard link, the member now has the workout name listed with a shortened url. The shortened url gives the administrator the ability to send it via text, twitter, or regular email. Sending the link to the participants gives them access to the work out. To the right is a pencil giving the opportunity to edit the workout and the image of a circle with a line through it will delete the workout.
The Workout of the day (WOD) screen provides information all of the core information for workouts. The top portion lists your workouts, the next lists any workouts you've favorited and your workout history is listed in the lowest section of the page.
At the top of the workout results screen provides the last update, who created the workout, and the given description for the workout. The of most important portion of this screen is the "Add to Favorites" text. To add this Workout to your favorite click on the heart icon. When the workout is not favorited the heart icon will not be colored in. After clicking on the heart, it'll change to the fully colored heart representing it as a favorited workout.
After the workout description there is an area dedicated to posting the workout results. Enter the workout information and click "Post". Any new or existing posts will appear beneath the "Post" button. If you want to make your workout public click the checkbox next to the Public text, you'll be able to share the workout with the rest of the people in the same workout.
The current view of any posted workout lists the picture, workout information and, lastly, the comments.