What is a ".liveeditaurora.com" URL?
When your website was created, you chose a ".liveeditaurora.com" URL for your account. This URL is provided so your website can be built before others can view and find it on the web. This will not be your permanent URL, and not how your site will be accessed by your clients, it is solely for you, as well as our team at LiveEdit, to access your site while you work on it. By default, this URL will not be indexed by any major search engine, such as Google or Bing, meaning that it will not be found in search results.
We do not encourage you to share your ".liveeditarurora.com" URL. It is a recommend best practice to purchase a custom domain for your website and business, as it helps build brand awareness and optimize your Search-Engine-Optimization (SEO).
Where can I purchase a custom domain?
American Spirit Technology Group does not offer custom domain sales or registry services. A custom domain can be purchased from any DNS (Domain Name System) provider. Here are some popular DNS providers our clients have used: GoDaddy, Google Domains, NameCheap, and HostGator. We encourage you to choose a DNS provider you are comfortable with.
Do I need to purchase website hosting?
No. Your website and its digital contents are hosted by American Spirit Technology Group. The hosting is part of your monthly subscription cost. Additional website hosting through a DNS provider is not required.
Do you provide custom email address?
No. American Spirit Technology Group does not host or provided custom email addresses. If you are looking to have a custom email address to match your custom URL, we advise to contact your DNS provider, as many offer custom email services.
Can I have more than one domain for my website?
Yes. If you choose to have multiple domain names for your website, you can certainly do so, although it's not entirely beneficial to your website. To add in additional domains, simply follow the launch steps below for each URL.
To launch your website, there are two essential steps:
STEP ONE (this is done with your DNS provider)
1) Log into your DNS account, or contact your DNS company directly, and set your Domain A record (sometimes just called the 'A' record or @ record) of your base domain (example: mywebsite.com) AND the 'www' subdomain (example: www.mywebsite.com) to the following IP address:
- For the 'www' subdomain, it may be set as a CNAME record in your DNS. Please set this to point to the above IP address. (Some DNS providers, such as GoDaddy, have this pointed back to @ which works as well.)
- Changing your DNS settings can take upwards of 24-48 hours to go into full effect, but many times it only take a few minutes.
- To launch your LiveEdit website, we DO NOT require any other changes within your DNS settings, such as changing the Name Server.
- Please do not add any redirects to send your custom domain to your ".liveeditaurora.com" URL in your DNS, as it may cause an issue with accessing the website. (example: When you type in www.mywebsite.com and are redirected to www.mywebsite.liveeditaurora.com. This is NOT correct.)
STEP TWO (this is done within your website)
Log into your website and select the Dashboard icon from the top right of your LiveEdit Dashboard.
- Click the Account Info icon on the left side of the page.
- Select the Manage Your Aliases tab. This is where all of the aliases (or alternate URLs) for your website are listed.
- Type in your non-www. version of your domain name (mywebsite.com) and click the Add Alias button. Once you see it listed, click on the Star () icon to the left of the name. When the Star is gold (), it indicates this domain is now the primary domain of the website. In most cases, you will select the non-www. version of your domain as that is the most common way users will enter in your website address.
- Next, type in your www. version of your domain name (www.mywebsite.com) and click the Add Alias button.
- Click on the small Edit button () to the right of the www version of your domain. In the pop-up window, check Redirect To and enter the non-www version of your site in the box below.
Search engines recognize both versions of your website domain, but by selecting one version as your primary and redirecting the other, you are telling search engines which version is your go-to (or primary) domain name. Now, regardless of which version of your domain is typed into a search bar, all inbound traffic will direct to your website.
Please Note: If you are on the IIN Heritage Package, only one custom domain aliases can be added.
I followed the steps above but my website is not live yet?
Please note, updating a Domain A Record can take upwards to 72hrs to fully propagate after being changed within some DNS providers. If it does not appear your Domain A Record change has gone through yet, we recommend contacting your DNS provider's support line to ensure the change has gone through.
When I type in my domain name, why am I taken to my 'liveeditaurora.com' URL?
This will happen when a redirect has been set up through your DNS provider instead of having your domain name correctly pointed to the LiveEdit servers. To resolve this, you will want to contact your DNS provider and ask for assistance to update the A RECORD as mentioned in the Step One above.
I followed the steps above but my website is showing the login page to visitors?
Under the Account Info tab within Account Settings, there is an option called Password Protect. When this option is enabled, the entire website will be password protected and require a login to view
If you have any questions or troubles launching your website, please open a new support ticket with our team.